Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Saint McCain: 'I'll sleep a hell of a lot better' if we stay in Iraq


....and to think I once liked this guy. What in hell was I thinking?

McCain and his presidential candidacy will sink like a stone!

The Raw Story McCain: 'I'll sleep a hell of a lot better' if we stay in Iraq:

In a wide ranging interview with Vanity Fair's Todd Purdum, Senator John McCain sounded off on his presidential ambitions, his experience in 2000, the New York Times being a 'Communist' newspaper, the Iraq war, and a variety of other topics. Noting that 'the Straight Talk Express, Version 2.008, is often a far cry from the Magic Bus of 2000,' Purdum paints a picture of a candidate who is ambivalent on the many compromises he must make in order to be a viable Republican candidate for president.

Purdum writes that the Iraq war is 'a huge albatross for McCain, and it is by no means clear that he will be anything close to free of it by the time the presidential campaign begins in earnest.' When responding to a question on the Iraq war in front of an audience at one point, McCain is described as having nothing succinct to say other than 'I believe in prayer. I pray every night.' Reflecting on his experience in Vietnam, the senator also states 'I saw the kind of impact of a broken army, a defeated army and Marine Corps, after Vietnam. And I'd much rather have 'em take a strain and have some success than be defeated.' ( Read on ^, it gets worse.)

No comments: