Friday, August 04, 2006

Rangel: I may quit, if GOP maintain conrol of House


I hear you, Charlie.

I may quit too, this country, that is.

If the Bushites cannot be held accountable, it is either time for an all out revolution or taking leave of my homeland, which has turned to crap.

New York Daily News - Politics - Rangel: I may quit:

Rep. Charles Rangel, dean of the city's congressional delegation, said yesterday he may quit Congress if Democrats don't win back the House in November.

The 76-year-old Rangel is the ranking Democrat on the powerful House Ways and Means Committee and is in line to become chairman - but only if Democrats pick up at least 15 seats to regain control of the House this November.

'I don't know what positive role I can play sitting on the bench in the minority,' Rangel told the Daily News yesterday. 'It's like being in a ballgame and never getting a chance to be up at bat.'

Rangel has represented Harlem and upper Manhattan for 35 years, and his departure - whenever it comes - would roil the city's political establishment.

No comments: