Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Yet another Fascism Alert

WTF? Check out the full article linked below as well as the artcile that started it all.

The author has not broken any laws, yet he is being threatened, because his article might incite others.

What about Falwell and Robertson? They incite hate every time they open their mouths. Are they being threatened by the Bush governent too?


OpEdNews Editor Warned by Capitol Police For Article:

"I wrote an article the other day, Black November, in which I expressed my wish that Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell were both losing sleep worrying about people after them for murdering democracy. I gave a detailed description of what they should worry about. Katherine Harris may actually be worrying about it.

I know because I got a call from a special agent of the Capitol Police checking with me on my article. She assured me that I hadn't broken any law, that this fell under free speech, that I'd been clear that I didn't want to harm her. But, she added, other people who might read my writing might be incited to action. I assured her that was not my intent. That seemed to reassure her a bit. But then she said that I was in a 'grey area.' "

No comments: