Friday, September 08, 2006

Rethugs are push polling again


Radio Iowa: What the Bush team wants to know:

I recently was home in the middle of the day (short explanation: migraine) and at 10:35 in the morning I was roused from a doctor-delivered drug that induced sleep by the ringing phone at my bedside. Being a journalist always on call, I answered the thing, and realized it was a poll. I struggled out of bed and to the desk for a pen and paper, and took a few notes.

The call started by asking if I plan to vote in November. It's a recorded voice asking the questions, and it only accepts 'yes' or 'no' as responses. It did not appear to navigate to a different question based on the previous answer. After the 'plan to vote?' question, it asked if I wanted my taxes cut, then asked about abortion, gay marriage, and about the prospect of 'liberal Nancy Pelosi' becoming House Speaker. Then it asked if I supported President Bush and I was trying to write and didn't respond quickly enough, so the recorded voice came back on and said 'You must respond yes or no.' After that Bush question, it asked if I was a Republican, then asked if I was a man. The final question was about community involvement, for lack of a better explanation. I can't remember how it was worded, but it did ask -- among other things -- if I contribute to a church. The recorded voice concluded

No comments: