Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Retired officer sentenced in arms deal - Yahoo! News


Coruption, Corruption everwhere....

Retired officer sentenced in arms deal - Yahoo! News:

SAN DIEGO - A former military intelligence officer was sentenced Monday to a year in federal prison for helping a convicted arms trafficker export parts for jet fighters and other aircraft that were ultimately destined for Iran.

George Charles Budenz II, a retired Navy commander, pleaded guilty in November to three counts of illegally exporting engine parts for F-5 fighters, T-38 military trainers and Chinook helicopters to Malaysia and Belgium on behalf of Pakistani arms dealer Arif Ali Durrani.

In court, Budenz called Durrani a 'lying snake' who took advantage of him at a time of personal and financial distress.
'I screwed up,' Budenz told the court. 'I thought I knew what I was doing, but I misjudged badly. I should never have spent a moment with this man.'

No comments: