Friday, July 07, 2006

Has this country gone comletely insane?


Un-freakin-believable.

Does this rent-a-cop know how many vets are against this stunningly stupid war?

Crooks and Liars:

"This afternoon, drinking a cup of coffee while sitting in the Jesse Brown V.A. Medical Center on Chicago's south side, a Veterans Administration cop walked up to me and said, 'OK, you�ve had your 15 minutes, it's time to go.' 'Huh?', I asked intelligently, not quite sure what he was talking about.

'You can't be in here protesting,' officer Adkins said, pointing to my Veterans For Peace shirt.'Well, I'm not protesting, I'm having a cup of coffee,' I returned, thinking that logic would convince Adkins to go back to his earlier duties of guarding against serious terrorists. Flipping his badge open, he said, 'No, not with that shirt. You're protesting and you have to go'." read on

No comments: