Friday, February 03, 2006

Money, Lies, and Quarantine (Oh my)

Nice to see that someone is thinking along the same lines as we are!

Remember when we were told that Iraq would pay for its self with the selling of its oil? Sill waiting! While the promise was flowers and candy, and the war would pay for itself. The flowers are being placed on the graves of soldiers and Iraqis. It reminds me of a folk/protest song that my cousins use to sing to me. I don't know if you remember the diary I wrote last year called "The Three G's" about the three girls that shaped my political life. The one that I was closest to is now fighting cancer.
But anyway the song that they would sing in three part harmonies was, "Where have all the flowers Gone" I am not sure who wrote it, but the last vers is "Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing, where have all the flowers gone long time ago. Where have all the flowers gone, gone to grave yards everyone, (when will we ever learn-when we ever learn?)" It is also the song I sang my daughter to sleep with. "Rock-n- Roll All Night" just didn't work.
The real story is Bush asking for another 120 billion for Iraq occupation, and Afghanistan. He asks for only 18 billion for hurricane relief, and rebuilding. Read on>>>

Bush has also asked congress for 2.3 billion in preparation for the "Bird Flue."  Now thinking back on what Bush said about possibly quarantining large sections of the country if the flu hits the states, it reminds me of an article I read the other day, FEMA Camps

Read On

No comments: