Monday, May 22, 2006

ABC's Ross: Surveillance of Journalists: "Makes Me Feel" As If We Are Drug Dealers or Terrorists.

Well, welcome to the club, guys!

All we, activists, have been doing is exercising our First amenedment rights, and we have been targeted too, so don't feel like 'only the lonely.'

Since you are already considered an enemy of the state, maybe you will consider covering some Demonstrations against this corrupt, criminal admnistration?

What really fries my brain is that you are all so shocked?

Are you guys really this stupid?

Think Progress � ABC�s Ross: Surveillance of Journalists �Makes Me Feel�As If We Are Drug Dealers or Terrorists�:

"This morning on CNN's Reliable Sources, ABC's chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross, who this week learned he was the target of federal surveillance operations, described the effect that unchecked spying is having on journalists:

ROSS: [I]t makes me feel, in a way, and this is, I think, the disturbing part,as if we are drug dealers or terrorists trying to traffic in information, and
should we be using bags full of quarters like old Mafia capos to avoid having
our phone calls traced?

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong; I don't think any other reporter is, either. We're trying to cover these stories, which are difficult, but which are very important. "

No comments: