Monday, February 12, 2007

Doesn't Look Like Farsi To Me?


Excuse us while we do a mini-investigation.

We thought this was odd too, when we saw it on the TeeVee.

However, there is also a chance that these bombs came from Britain via the IRA

Doesn't Look Like Farsi To Me? | The Agonist:

Look, I admit, I don't know much about bomb-making. And I don't know much about how factories label bombs. But I do know that in Iran virtually all numbers were in the Farsi-Arabic script.

They were not and do not resemble our numbers. Now, I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the implication that this round captured in the photo is bogus. Color me very skeptical.

Any thoughts?

Anyone want to google this and other aspects of the story?

Steve has the same idea.

Couple questions spring to mind first: is this pattern of numbers to be found on other similar weapons, made by other countries? This Russian 82mm has the markings etched in Russian.

Are we sure that the Iranians use the 81mm round? Just in case I really embarrass myself by asking a tremendously stupid question, let me just add this (consider it troll repellent): there are no stupid questions.

The only stupid questions are those not asked. Otherwise how are we supposed to learn.

Markings on the Zelzal 2 rocket are in Farsi.

On a similar note, Juan Cole crunches some numbers. Result: implausible. Looks like the Zelzal 3 has markings in Farsi too. Here's an anti-ship missile with Farsi on it.

Finally, here are Persian serial numbers etched onto a handgun.

Read On ^

No comments: