Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Full Obama Speech


This is an amazing speech, a little short on specifics, but I imagine they will come out over the next few weeks and months.

I, personally, still do not know all I want to know about Obama, but I intend to make every effort to enlighten myself, early.

There is something about this guy. He reminds me of someone, but it isn't Lincoln.

BarackObama.com:

Let me begin by saying thanks to all you who've traveled, from far and wide, to brave the cold today.

We all made this journey for a reason. It's humbling, but in my heart I know you didn't come here just for me, you came here because you believe in what this country can be. In the face of war, you believe there can be peace. In the face of despair, you believe there can be hope. In the face of a politics that's shut you out, that's told you to settle, that's divided us for too long, you believe we can be one people, reaching for what's possible, building that more perfect union.

That's the journey we're on today. But let me tell you how I came to be here. As most of you know, I am not a native of this great state. I moved to Illinois over two decades ago. I was a young man then, just a year out of college; I knew no one in Chicago, was without money or family connections. But a group of churches had offered me a job as a community organizer for $13,000 a year. And I accepted the job, sight unseen, motivated then by a single, simple, powerful idea - that I might play a small part in building a better America. (Read On ^)

No comments: