CALLS FOR SPECIAL COUNSEL
Quiescent Congress and Judiciary Enabling Tyranny
From Washington, DC
Al Gore delivered a devastating indictment of President George Bush today in a major speech before three thousand cheering citizens at Washington DC’s Constitution Hall. (Full Text of Speech)
He provided a detailed specification of crimes against the U.S. Constitution and concluded by calling for the immediate appointment of a special counsel by Attorney General Gonzalez whose position is sorely compromised by conflict of interest. The future of the American experiment in rule by laws rather than men, the Constitution rather than tyranny, is at stake. Gore made the case that Executive Branch abuses of the Constitution represent rule through tyranny.
Gore quoted former Congressman Bob Barr who said, “The President has dared the American people to do something about it. For the sake of the Constitution, I hope they will.” Gores bill of particulars included the following actions:
1. Appointment of a special counsel immediately to investigate gross violations of the U.S. Constitution. Gore said, “Patrick Fitzgerald has, by all accounts, shown neither fear nor favor in pursuing allegations that the Executive Branch has violated other laws.” The specific investigation should “pursue the criminal issues raised by unwarranted wiretapping of Americans by the President.
2. “Whistle blower protections should immediately be established for members of the Executive Branch who report evidence of wrong doing” by the President and his team.
3. The Senate and the House should hold hearings “into these serious allegations of criminal behavior on the part of the President.”
4. “The Bush proposals for the Patriot Act “should under no circumstances be granted unless and until there are adequate and enforceable safeguards to protect the Constitution and the rights of the American people against the kinds of abuses that have recently been revealed.”
5. Gore called on “any telecommunications company” providing the government with access to private communication to “Immediately cease and desist their complicity in that apparent illegal invasion of the privacy of American citizens.”
6. Finally, going off of his prepared test, Gore said that any candidate for public office in 2006 should face a litmus test, regardless of party, based on their support for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the President’s transgressions against the Constitution.
Bush: “…a threat to the very structure of our government.”
Michael Collins is a writer who focuses on clean elections and voting rights. He is the publisher of the voting rights web site, www.ElectionFraudNews.com. His recent articles include: Coalition Paper Ballot Call Spares Vote Villains; Paper for President. The Time is NOW; A Formula for Catching Election Fraud; and Teardown: The Mainstream Media Turns on Bush. A complete list of articles is available here http://electionfraudnews.com/MichaelCollins.htm .
(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. The Lantern has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is The Lantern endorsed or sponsored by the originator.)
....And The Truth Shall Set Us Free