Monday, April 17, 2006

The Doomsday Scenario: An Apocalyptic Book Report


Doesn't make for good ate night reading.

Donklephant � Blog Archive � The Doomsday Scenario: An Apocalyptic Book Report:

"Awhile back, Justin asked if anyone wanted to do a book report on the Doomsday Scenario. So here it is.
Anyways, I'll cut straight to the chase. There's no especially stunning revelations to be had from the documents that were declassified. There's a lot of stuff in there that's of historical interest, but honestly, I didn't see anything there that would necessitate the document's reclassification. Perhaps the general who had it reclassified knew something I don't, but it looks to me a lot more like a classic case of standard-issue government paranoia. I'm sure they were just trying to err on the side of caution. i.e., Reclassifying something never got anyone fired, etc. But the contents of the document really are mostly harmless.

But that doesn't make them uninteresting:"

No comments: