Thursday, August 10, 2006

Counterintelligence Officials Resign


Can Washington GET any more corrupt?

Seems we need to forget the rest of the world, and clean up our own house.

Growing up in the South, I've seen a lot of political corruption in my life, but never anything this bad or all pervasive.

I am afraid my country has lost all sense of decency.

Counterintelligence Officials Resign:

David A. Burtt II, director of the Counterintelligence Field Activity, the Defense Department's newest intelligence agency whose contracts based on congressional earmarks are under investigation by the Pentagon and federal prosecutors, told his staff yesterday that he and his deputy director will resign at the end of the month.

In an internal message, Burtt said, 'I do not make this decision without trepidation, but the time is right to move on to the next phase of my career.' He said he had been privileged to serve as CIFA director and was 'especially proud of all of you and what you have accomplished for the CI counterintelligence] community and for the overall CI mission.'

No comments: