Saturday, June 23, 2007

Conyers Grills Deputy Attorney General McNultyTranscript Greg Palast

Conyers Grills Deputy Attorney General McNultyTranscript Greg Palast:

Conyers Grills Deputy Attorney General McNulty
Transcript
Published June 21st, 2007 in Articles

June 21, 2007

Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law
Hearing on: The Continuing Investigation into the U.S. Attorneys Controversy and Related Matters

Transcript:

McNulty: … and the second has to do with the caging issue. And there it’s a rather simple issue of where she’s challenging my testimony. Senator Schumer asked me about an allegation involving Tim Griffin and a practice known as caging. And I said that I was aware of an article on that subject. But I didn’t and here is my quote ‘I didn’t know anything about it personally’, and that’s perfectly true. I didn’t know anything about it personally. The night before my hearing I was given an article and a short explanation and I did not have an opportunity to read those things, I knew about the existence of the issue, and I therefore did not wanna testify about a matter that I did not know about personally. And I just said that at the time.

Rep. Conyers: Thank you Madam Chair. Now you never, did you just say you didn’t know anything about caging?

No comments: