Wednesday, July 04, 2007

No Joy This Fourth Of July


I plan to sleep through most of it.


BobGeiger.com: No Joy This Fourth Of July:

'A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.' ~ Declaration of Independence

I've always enjoyed the Fourth of July.

It's summer, it's a festive holiday about celebration -- not mourning or remembrance -- and, as a military Veteran, it has been a time to feel good about whatever miniscule role I've played in maintaining our country's strength and freedom.

But I'm going to skip the barbeques and just go to work today. I do this because the state of my country under the reign of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and their entire cabal of crooks and non-patriots, leaves me with a feeling so hollow and barren that I simply cannot use drinking a beer, eating a hot dog or watching fireworks as a soothing balm.

No comments: