Thursday, July 05, 2007

When the 'Bleed-Out' Begins

There was a time I would have had no doubt that the country would pull together against any outside enemy.

After 6 years of Bush and Cheney, constant hate speech from the right-wing pundit class, I'm no longer sure.

Would I risk my life for that of Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly?

I doubt it.

David Ignatius - When the 'Bleed-Out' Begins - washingtonpost.com:

How would America react to a future terrorist attack? Would the country come together to combat its adversaries or would it pull farther apart?

Perhaps we will never have to confront the question, you say. Perhaps our good luck will hold, or our intelligence will detect all the plots and plotters, or the terrorists will conclude that America is so divided anyway, why do anything that might unite the country? Maybe things will turn out that way, but a prudent person wouldn't bet on it.

No comments: